Hi Kathleen,

As has already been said, there is no digest option for this mailing list.

What you can do instead is manage your own incoming mail differently, so
it behaves in a way that suits your needs.

For all mailing lists I subscribe to (which is many, less than 100 but
probably a lot more than 20), I use a filter to pick out that list mail
and divert it from the Inbox.  Some mailing lists (the busier ones) get
their own folder, others get lumped into one folder - but they're still
away from the Inbox.

I wrote some instructions many years ago and put them on a web page;
it's specifically for a different mailing list to this one, but is
quickly adapted to any mailing list by changing the email address used.
You'll find it at
http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wendyh65/How-to.htm#RuleFilter

... ah, and now that I take another look at that page, I see I haven't
included Thunderbird, which the headers of your post tell me you're
using (and I am, too).  The path you need to take in Thunderbird is
Tools > Message Filters.

Once you've set that filter, your LUG mail will be put into its own
folder (the one you specify in the filter) as it comes in, so it's kept
away from your Inbox.  You'll be able to see at a glance when there's
new mail in it, and you can choose when to go and read it. Meanwhile, if
you need to concentrate on what's in your Inbox (or elsewhere) you can
do so without the LUG mail getting in the way.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Wendy