From: "Jerry" <bearjerca...@gmail.com>
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:18:20 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Use Of Periods In Abbreviations

Can some of you professional genealogists tell me why or if it is
recommended to continue to use periods after abbreviations, especially
with middle names where only the initial is known?  It seems that in
this computer age, we could safely omit those periods.  It won't cause
any concerns for search engines, right? Is there a way to turn off the
suggestion in Legacy 8 so as not to be reminded if periods are not used
in abbreviations?   I'm not speaking of place names - I realize those
names should be completely spelled out for accuracy (ie, don't use USA,
MI, Mich, etc). Thanks,  Jerry Boor, MerriamFamilyTree.org