I searched the message archives but did not see a solution to the
problem I have with a report.  I wish to search a number of surnames
that are in a particular state.  For example, I plan a trip to the
Kentucky History Center and would like to get a list of all the surnames
I have in that state.  Surely there is a simple way to do this, but i
cannot figure it out.

I have done a location report and i see that I can print it, but I have
not done a very good job on inputting my locations.  Some have the state
first and some have the township or county first.  I have tried to clean
up the list but it would take years.

I also tried to do a search (detailed search option), but it asks for a
tag and I am not working with tags, but with locations.  And I don't
want each person, but only each surname.

This probably isn't clear (I get that comment a lot)  but what I wish to
do is get a list of surnames that have any event, birth, death,
marriage, whatever, in the state of Kentucky.  It would be nice if it
could be further delineated by county, but at least by state.

Thanks.

Jane S.