Jane,

I ALWAYS enter my locations with city, county, state so my example may not work
as well for you but I used 'Search and Replace' to add USA to the end of a
particular state and it worked perfectly. Since there are only 50 states, it
wouldn't take but a few minutes to add USA to the end of each state. Plus, it
is unlikely you have entries for all 50 states so it should go even faster! :-)

We can't attach images to the list or I'd attach a screen shot of the Search
and Replace Window so you could see the settings but the following will
hopefully describe what I did once the 'Search and Replace' window was open:

Open 'Search and Replace'

Find Where:   Lists-Location

Find What:   Arkansas

Replacement text:   Arkansas, USA

How to Find:

Find whole word only  .......... ...  is ticked
Match case  ........................  is ticked
Anywhere in field ..................  is ticked

How to Replace:

Replace only found text with replacement text ......... is ticked

Another easy way to help in cleaning up your location list is to 'combine'
locations where appropriate. That can be quicker and easier than editing each
location. Just be certain both locations are/should be IDENTICAL except for
spelling.

>From the Menu Bar, Go to: View> Master Lists> Location

Yell Co, Ark
Yell CO, AR
Yell County, Arkansas

All three instances could be combined to use Yell County, Arkansas. Of course,
you can only combine one into one other location with each instance, but in the
example I showed, it could be done by using Combine two times in order to reach
the desired result. Very simple to do. Just be CERTAIN the locations are
identical.

In my example, I would HIGHLIGHT Yell County, Ark in my location list, then
click on 'Combine' then I'd locate and HIGHLIGHT Yell County, Arkansas and
click on 'Combine With' and everywhere Yell County, Ark was used in my database
would now be Yell County, Arkansas.

Next I would go to Yell CO, AR in my location list, highlight it and follow the
same instructions. In a matter of seconds, all Yell County, Arkansas locations
are spelled the way I want them to be spelled.

Not every version of a location can be handled this way, but for those that
qualify, it is a quick and clean process.