I used Excel some years ago when I was planning a trip to Ohio for
research. I exported it to a web page. I didn't include my file in my
Legacy database and I don't know if Legacy supports including Excel
spreadsheets but, if not, you could export a web page from Excel that could
be kept on your computer where you keep your Legacy stuff and you can put
html links in Legacy.

Here's a link to my Ohio trip doc:
http://www.glsmall.com/genealogy/burials.htm
Notice the tabs on the bottom (there are multiple pages).