Doesn't Legacy have some built in functionality for research? I haven't used it
yet. But if you know Microsoft Access or a similar database program, it would
do what you need in a more powerful way than you can do with Excel. I'm in the
process of learning it more thoroughly myself. Jerry in Michigan, USA