This is a quick update.

Don't know what causes the problem yet, *still like to see how many
others have the problem.*  But, I now have another fix, that does not
involve renaming files/folders.

I tried to Export my file to another Legacy file.  The export seemed to
work OK, but the new file has the same problem.
So then I did a GED export, and imported that export file into a new
Legacy file.      NO PROBLEM! Am able to Edit Details.  I have no idea
why that works.  I will be doing that with three other files that have
the same problem.

Thanks for listening, all suggestions/explanations are welcome.