Thanks for this reply. I do have the latest build, and I've tried
resetting the options as you suggest.

In one sense this produces the kind of output I prefer, with the main
BMD events nicely tabulated. However, it doesn't include the other
Events, and when this option is enabled again (which obviously also
undoes the reset to default), they appear with the Date and
Description/Place/Notes all run together in a single box across the
whole width of the report, rather than tabulated into columns.

While doing this I noticed also that the overwriting I mentioned as
point 2 below didn't occur in the default layout, but when the other
events were shown it did.

Anyway, I guess this means that this particular report formatting is now
part of the program, and nothing can be done about it.

Thanks for your help with this,

Arthur