Thank you for all your responses.

To clarify:  Johannes Bogert & Maria Bertholf were the parents of 11
children and I (& my uncle of course) are descended from 3 of them.  (There
was lot of intermarriage within the Jersey Dutch families).

Angnietjen Bogert and Guilliam Bogert are indeed children of Johannes Bogert
& Maria Bertholf, they were the 1st 2 children born to the marriage and
Sarah Bogert was the 8th child, out of a total of 11 children.

Using the ahnentafel numbers generated by the ancestor report for my uncle,
Sarah Bogert was # 73 and her father Johannes double that number of #146.
That fits very nicely.

Coming up through another line in the family, Angnietjen Bogert was #171.
Doubling that number for her father makes Johannes Bogert #342.  And indeed
in the report he is #342.

I ticked the box to not have the report repeat duplicate lines so when you
look at #342, you see the following: 342. JOHANNES BOGERT (Duplicate. See
Person 146 on Page 77)

Similarily, coming up another line in the family, Guilliam Bogert was #176.
Again, doubling his number makes his father Johannes Bogert #352 and again,
when you look at #352 you see the following: 352. JOHANNES BOGERT(Duplicate.
See Person 146 on Page 77)

Johannes Bogert is my uncle's 5th great-grandfather and his daughter Sarah
Bogert, his 4th great-grandmother through one line.

But, Angnietjen Bogert is his 5th great-grandmother and Guilliam Bogert is
his 5th great-grandfather through their respective lines.

I can understand why #342 was chosen for the anhnentafel number for
Johannes, because it is the lowest number assigned to him.  And I'm OK with
the report indicating this is a duplicate line and to see # 146.  What I
don't understand is why the ahnentafel numbers for his other 2 children were
not printed to the left of their names in the children's list.  Is it
because there is a generational issue here?

I hope I've made what my question/issue/problem clear.

Norma