Hello Jenny

Yes, they are direct ancestors

Norma

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenny M Benson [mailto:ge...@cedarbank.me.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:13 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] ahnentafel numbers on ancestor report

On 27/01/2015 15:21, Norma Heaton wrote:
> Thank you both Kathy & Mike for your responses.
>
> The numbers I referred to in my query were _ahnentafel_//numbers &
> generated by the report, not Ancestral File numbers, so my mistake in
> calling them AFN#.  I see I also erred in saying that the father’s
> number was #176, that was wrong.  He was #146.
>
> To answer your question, Mike, I created an ancestor report with my
> uncle as the first person so he was # 1, his father #2 and mother #3.
>  The report did generate the correct ahnentafel numbers except for the
> example I gave.  I purposely did _not_ include RIN# in the report
> since it bears no relation to relationships.
>
> My question is still: why did the ahnentafel # for 2 of the children
> not appear in the listing of children under the father?  Was it
> because their numbers were higher that their father’s number?  I’ve
> copied & pasted from the pdf report the father’s report as well as the
> 2 children whose ahnentafel numbers do _not _appear in the children’s
> list under the entry for their father & also the 3^rd child whose
> entry does include her ahnentafel #.  Then, I’ve also included the
> separate reports of the 2 children whose ahnentafel # do not appear in
> the children’s list.
>
> My system is for all ancestors to have both forename & surname in
> caps. Then siblings have only their surname in caps and spouses of
> siblings (unless also related) have their names entered in the usual
> manner. You can see that there is no ahnentafel # before either
> Angnientjen Bogert or her brother Guilliam Bogert but the ahnentafel#
> 73 appears before their sister Sarah Bogert
>
> *146. JOHANNES BOGERT*,417,637,638,639,640 son of *JAN CORNELISSE
> BOGERT *and *ANGENIETJE*
>
> *STRYCKER, *was born about 1675 in Hackensack, Bergen, New Jersey and
> died on an unknown date. Another
>
> name for JOHANNES was JAN CORNELISE BONGAERT.
>
> JOHANNES married *MARIA BERTHOLF*417,619,620,621,637,641,642 on 25 Mar
> 1699 in Dutch Reformed Church,
>
> Hackensack, Bergen, New Jersey.
>
> Children from this marriage were:
>
> i. *ANGNIETJEN BOGERT*643,644,645,646,647 was born on 1 Sep 1700 in
> Hackensack,
>
> Bergen, New Jersey, was baptized on 15 Sep 1700 in Hackensack, Bergen,
> New Jersey, and
>
> died on an unknown date. ANGNIETJEN married *JAN
> DURIE*,399,643,644,648,649 son
>
> of *JEAN PIERRE DURIE *and *JEANNE *[--?--], on 30 Aug 1718 in Dutch
> Reformed
>
> Church, Hackensack, Bergen, New Jersey.
>
> ii. *GUILLIAM BOGERT*650,651,652,653 was born before 28 Mar 1703 in
> Hackensack,
>
> Bergen, New Jersey, was baptized on 28 Mar 1703 in Hackensack, Bergen,
> New Jersey, and
>
> died on an unknown date. GUILLIAM married *MARITIE*
>
> *BANTA*,641,654,655,656,657,658 daughter of *JACOB HENDRICKSE BANTA
> *and
>
> *JANNETJE CORNELIS VAN HOORN, *on 28 Mar 1725 in Schraalenburg
> [...]

Are these people (the ones missing numbers) direct ancestors of the the
starting person in the Report?

To quote the Help file "The numbers only apply to a person's direct ancestor so
there are no Ahnentafel numbers for aunts, uncles, cousins, or even your
siblings if they are listed in the report."

--
Jenny M Benson