It doesn't say in the Help file anywhere, but there *must* be a
preferred picture.  It's just the way it is....

By default, it's the first picture that you add. You can change that
to any other picture by right clicking on the picture you want as
Preferred.

The Preferred Picture is the one that prints in reports, charts and
webpages  Since only one picture can print how would the program know
which one to include among many a person may have linked to any Media
Gallery unless one is flagged as preferred?

You also have the option to include only tagged preferred or only
untagged preferred.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support