Well said  Tessa!

Marie

Marie Varrelman Melchiori
Melchiori Research  Services, L.L.C.

In a message dated 2015-02-21 11:16:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com writes:

From: Tessa Keough  [mailto:murke...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:13  AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re:  [LegacyUG] Place names & sorting

When people ask I always  tell them there is no one way of doing anything
(only the best and most  intuitive for you). The two key points are (1) know
what the output will look  like - how do you want to use your reports,
charts, etc. - and then tweak the  input to accomplish it; and (2) be consistent
- when you make a decision, make  a note of it and have your cheatsheet so
you know your process or workflow.  Finally (and this is the bonus) we own
our programs, they don't own us - make  conscious decisions, test the
parameters, and use your program so that it  works for you.

Tessa

Legacy  User Group  guidelines:
Archived  messages after Nov. 21  2009:
Archived  messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21  2009:
Online  technical support: http://support.legacyfamilytree.com
Follow Legacy on  Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and
on our blog  (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).