On 21/02/2015 01:27, Jay Wilpolt wrote:
> What they were saying is that in the Burial Place field, we should NOT
> put the name of the cemetery, but instead put that in the Burial Place
> "address" which is the field accessed by the + sign

The reason I do not do that (but put the complete address in the
Location field) is that I don't like the way Locations and Addresses
appear in reports if one enters them separately.

Using the Address field, one gets something like "Joe Bloggs was buried
in Barnton, Cheshire, England (Christ Church Churchyard)" or even - if
one fills in the complete Address which seems like a sensible thing to
do in some ways) "Joe Bloggs was buried in Barnton, Cheshire, England
(Christ Church Churchyard, Barnton, Cheshire, England)."

I prefer to see "Joe Bloggs was buried in Christ Church Churchyard,
Barnton, Cheshire, England."  I don't have a problem with having
thousands of locations or with sorting them.

--
Jenny M Benson