From: Ila East
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:27 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Marriage list

After discussing filing systems, I decided this morning to check my marriage
list and I found hundreds of marriages with Unknown and Unknown.  When I got to
investigating further I found that each marriage had either a source attached,
a marriage note, or a date. I went through a number of these marriages and
deleted all the data and then had Legacy renumber the MRINs. Several were
reused, but most were not. I then went through the same ones and made sure I
removed the marriage link. These marriages disappeared from the screen, but
when I had Legacy renumber the MRINs these were not reused and showed up again.

I am assuming these marriages were created when I imported my GEDCOM file from
FTM for the Mac after I got my Windows computer and started using Legacy again.
It looks like each marriage was created as it should have been with all the
data and then the marriage data was also placed in blank marriages thus
creating these “ghost” marriages.

I have tried compacting the family file, and check and repair but nothing has
helped. These “darling” marriages still show up. I feel like there must be
something I am missing and need help finding it.

Ila East