On 03/03/2015 18:22, Jay Wilpolt wrote:
> How else could the logic work if it didnt have SOMETHING to connect the
> two?

Logic and programming are not /necessarily/ the same thing.

I'd like to be able to add children without having to enter the
surname of a mother or father, such as when foundlings who are also
siblings end up with different surnames but the biological parents are
unknown so the birth surname is unknown.

If I do have known siblings but no parents names, rather than add a
father as Michele suggested, I'd add a mother because there's a 50/50
chance the children could have been illegitimate.  I'd also be more
likely to add an honorific in the given name field and the surname in
brackets as I do where I don't know the maiden name of a wife.

Genealogy is anything but straightforward :)

--
Charani (UK)
OPC for Walton,  Ashcott, Shapwick,