<< I can't see what value the Surname Report would have for DNA matches.
It's a count of how many people of each surname and their date range. >>

When you have found someone that is a DNA match and has an MRCA (Most
Recent Common Ancestor) of 4 or 5, then comparing surnames during specific
timeframes is a good way to locate possible common ancestors.