Kristen,
I teach Legacy classes all the time.  What I teach depends a bit on the
audience.  I  have to take into consideration their level of computer knowledge
in general, their knowledge of genealogy database programs in general, their
knowledge of Legacy specifically and what level of genealogists they are.
Class size also matters.  I try to make it user driven as much as possible
showing them how to do things that they specifically want to know.  I do have
some specific topics that I like to speak on, my favorite being cleaning up
your file (standardization).  I also do a lot with using Legacy with
FamilySearch.  Absolute beginner classes are great too because they are usually
amazed ☺

We do have some materials for leaders of local user groups.  These have not
been updated since version 4.0 but they should still give you some ideas.
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Presentation.asp

I also teach people one-on-one for anyone in the Columbia County Genealogical
Society and the Augusta Genealogical Society (Georgia).  All they have to do is
call me and I will arrange to meet them at the Euchee Creek Library.  I try to
coordinate it with the monthly meeting of the CCGS (which happens to be today).
 They all know that I will stay after the meeting and help as well.  I always
have my laptop and the library has a nice projector.  I suggest you start with
some one-on-one because they will help you learn what sorts of things people
are most interested in.

As far as having a set curriculum...  I use PowerPoint for my general genealogy
presentations  but I never do this when I am doing a Legacy class.  I just
crank Legacy up and have it on the screen as I talk.  I encourage the class
participants to have their laptops with them.  They retain more if they are
actually working in the program.  I usually have a list of things I want to
cover for that particular class but that's all the written notes I have.  Since
I know the program very well I don't need written notes other than a simple
list of topics.

A couple of minor thoughts....
1) Use a neutral color scheme on your Legacy program so that the colors aren't
distracting.  If you are using a projector you will want to test the look out
on the screen before you do the class.
2) If you use your real data file it is a good idea to bookmark specific people
in your file that you can get to fast.  You don't want to display living people
in your file as you are navigating (your other option is to have a test file
set up, I use both).
3) If your talk is on a specific topic and you have specific examples in your
file to illustrate it, again, have these people bookmarked so that you don't
spend a lot of time making people dizzy as you navigate through your file.
4) Keep the presentation to no longer than an hour.  Any longer than that they
will probably go into information overload, especially if you are working with
beginners.  Better to break it into two sessions if you need to.

Michele
Technical Support
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com
www.legacyfamilytree.com