      From: Adrian Purkiss <a...@wavp.co.uk>
 To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Cc: remotes...@wavp.co.uk
 Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 6:23 PM
 Subject: [LegacyUG] Lockup, wrong record displayed and Error 381 (Strange
behavour)

All

I am not experiencing too many of the above problems but they do all occur. All
my problems follow use of the back button on the quick access toolbar. I do not
believe it happens if back button is used on the main toolbar but that may be
just lucky.

Reason for writing is to ascertain if anyone else is seeing such problems. It
is happening on 2 separate machines vista (yuk!) and Windows 8.1. Version
8.0.0.501 of Legacy. Never happened with version 7.

Symptoms (Intermittent)

1. After using back button a few times say to go back 4 records. Then clicking
on a child's record it displays the wrong person and family, repeat it again
and same thing happens, can continue for a few times then it displays an add
father entry message box with non responsive buttons even though I clicked
anywhere on the screen. It is necessary to use windows task manager, switch to
legacy and then the program continues properly with the box being closable.
Normal file integrity checks yield nothing.

2. Same use of the back button and the record displayed is not the previous
record displayed in the history list but rather a random one which then appears
at the top of the history list. This can go into what appears to be an endless
loop.

3. Same process and very rarely ends up with Run-time error 381 message.

I believe it may be a problem with lack buffering of mouse clicks. I must learn
to slow down but such things should be handled ok.

It's not really reportable to support due to the very random nature of the
fault.

Regards

Adrian