Hi Barry,
The same way you change the wording for a heterosexual couple that
didn't marry - On the Marriage information screen - check This couple
didn't marry to trigger the use of different wording. You can choose
what wording you actually use.

Legacy doesn't yet support gay couples so you may need to use more
sentence overrides and other wording options to stop one of them being
referred to with the wrong gender.

Cathy