While not exactly what you are describing, TMG has the following
features. (A TMG tag is the equivalent of Legacy's Event/Fact.) Legacy
also has timelines.

"A history tag differs from a regular event tag in that there are no
principals. This Tag Type is designed for events of a global, rather
than personal, nature. A person is a Witness on a History tag, and the
tag is displayed on the Person View of the individual who witnessed the
historical event. [...] History tags help you to see where the person
fits into an historical context." TMG Help system, "Data Entry: History"

"A timeline is a separate database of historical events. The Timeline
feature can be turned on to provide an aid in interpreting the events of
a person's life against a historical background." TMG Help system,
"Timeline Manager"

Barbara

--

Barbara Levergood