Thanks Wendy - sounds like this will work.

Kind regards - June

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Wendy Howard
Sent: Thursday, 10 March 2016 2:42 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Census Dates

Hi June,

Are all your Census Events - as entered at the moment - for the same Census
(ie country/state/whatever) and year?  Such as 1861 England Census, or 1920
US Census, etc.

If they are, then you could go to the Event Definition (View > Master Lists
> Event Definitions...) and edit your census event for that one instance,
and it will change all current events.

When you want to start entering events for other years/places, you can
create a new Event Definition for that particular situation.

I prefer to have just one Event Definition for census entries, and I put the
year in the Date field, along with a description of the person from the
census data (eg, "10-year-old scholar born in Yorkshire", or "45-year-old
weaver").

Once you decide how you're going to handle this, if it's a big job to make
the changes you want you can tag everyone using the census event, then as
you update your census events for each person to your liking untag them
again. Those who are tagged at any time still need work, and are quickly
found by searching on that tag - so you can go off and work on other people
and come back to your tagged ones any time.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Wendy