Microsoft in all their wisdom. created "Snap Assist" to auto arrange our
windows

Try adjusting your Windows from auto snapping your windows.  If you don't
like this just redo these steps.

Windows 10
To disable Snap Assist (Windows 10) launch the Settings app from your Start
Menu. From the Settings window, click System. Find & click Multitasking in
the column on the left. Under the “Snap” category on the right set choices
to Off. This will disable Snap Assist in Windows 10.

Windows 7 - to stop window snapping
Open up your Control Panel, and then go to the Ease of Access center. From
there, click on “Make the mouse easier to use”… And then remove the
checkbox for “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved
to the edge of the screen”, and then click the Apply button to actually
save the setting