Linda,

I don't think you can have it both ways. If you tick to include the Main Event notes for every person, that's what I'd expect to get. Since I've been using Legacy a long time, I don't use Shared Events for Census since Shared Events are new in Legacy 8.

I have the full transcription of the Census in the Event Notes for the Head of Household and in the Source Detail Text (which I don't include in reports). I only add Event notes for other household members if there is something I want to highlight - like a strange version of a name or if it's a household member who is my chief interest.

I don't have a problem seeing the full transcription if I need to when researching etc as it's in the attached source or I can go to the head of household. Since I don't use Shared Events, I use the Description field for the Head of household's name and the relationship to the Head.

Possibly you can expect both yourself and your readers to go to the Head of household for details and not check that checkbox?

Cathy

Leon Chapman wrote:

Linda:

I do not know of a way to turn this census printing off for each person.

What I do, which helps to minimize paper, is to include a Census event
for each person, but it is just the Census name, date and location. If
their is an occupation for the person in the census, then I include an
occupation event for that person using the source as the census.

I place all of the transcription of the Census in the Source. The
sources will be printed only one time at the end of the report.

I think this approach is much cleaner in the reports since the census
event (census date and place) are printed as a bullet item for each
individual and the details printed once at the end of the report as
part of Sources.

Good luck!
Chap

Chap