In Ancestral Quest run the file maintenance routines first.

Now open Legacy and use the direct import instead of a gedcom.  File >
Import File > PAF/Ancestral Quest

Now about your other issue, the Potential Problem alerts you are seeing..

You might want to change some of the settings to that the Potential Problems
work for you instead of against you.

The first thing you need to do it go to Tools > Potential Problems and set
your preferences.  You can skip the Records tab, that is for when you want
to run a report.  Look at the Warnings, Problems, Standardization and Gaps
tabs.  Review the selections to see if there is anything you want to change.
The "Gaps" warnings is more for new researchers.  Seasoned researchers know
to look for these gaps automatically.  They know that they can signal either
an unknown child or possibly a second marriage.  I have the Gaps option
completely turned off.

Here is another thing you will want to do to decrease the number of
potential problems.  If you use any events that normally occur AFTER someone
died (Cemetery, Obituary are two common ones) you will want to exclude these
from the Potential Problems checking GLOBALLY.  Go to View > Master Lists  >
Event Definition.  Highlight the event and then click Edit over on the
right.  At the top of this box you will see some check mark boxes.  Make
sure you check Exclude from Potential Problems Report.

Another thing that will cut down on PP errors is to globally sort your
children and then tell Legacy to sort the children as you enter new ones
(you can also do this for marriages and events but those two don't flag as
errors)

To globally sort...  Go to Tools > Other Tools > Sort Children, Marriages,
and Events.  Check mark the ones you want to do and there you go.  Now we
need to set it in the Options menu.  Go to Options > Customize > 2. Data
Entry
2.2 When Adding New Spouses, Children, and Events (gbl).  Set your check
marks here and now you are finished.

You don't want to let the Potential Problems to get too far ahead of you.
If something is not a problem then mark it as such right then (hover over
the PP icon and follow the directions that appear in the box that pops up).
I would also run a global report from time to time to check on the
outstanding ones that you haven't cleared yet (Tools > Potential Problems,
this time go to the Records tab)

If you still want to turn them completely then go to Options > Customize >
8. View
Go to 8.11 Monitor Potential Problems (ff) and uncheck the box.  Notice that
this has an (ff) behind it which means it only affects this family file.
You will need to go into each one of your family files and set it (if you
have more than one file).

Michele
Technical Support
Millennia Corporation