Bob,
You can change some Events to a Hashtag if you like. You'd do a search for the Event and then add a Hashtag to the Search Results list. Or add a hashtag as well. Hashtags don't have dates, places and notes like Events.

Same sex marriages in Legacy 9 work fine.
You can also change to Gender neutral language for the program if you choose at Options 8.14. This requires a restart of Legacy to show in the Ribbon tabs but is immediate on the right click menus - eg Add spouse rather than Add husband/wife.

Cathy

Robert57P_gmail wrote:

When/why would one use a "hashtag" instead of an "event/fact"? Or
would some things be entered in both places? (putting something in
both places seems like it might be a bit of a pain.)

Why the name "hashtag"? Doesn't seem very descriptive to me . . . but
I can't think of a better name at the moment.

If I currently have something in an EVENT/FACT in version 8, but it
should really be a HASHTAG - how do I move it? (I've only downloaded
the free copy of version 9 so far and hashtags are only allowed in the
deluxe version - so I can't experiment/play with them. Answers to the
above questions may become "obvious" once I have the deluxe version??)

I thought one of the features that was being written into "the next
version" of Legacy (a.k.a. version 9) was same sex marriages. But,
from what I'm seeing, this still is not allowed. And I don't see any
mention of it in the "what's new" info. I'm sure I've seen posts
saying the programmers are working on this feature (or at least
looking into it), but it looks like it still isn't there. Is there an
ETA for this feature?

Thanks,
Bob