Another 'solution' to having Legacy 8 Deluxe (NOT v7 or 7.5) and Legacy 9
running on the same computer is to rename the family file (.fdb) within the
installed Legacy v9, then install your v8 with its v8 Customer Number. This may
require extraction of the "v8" files from the latest v8 backup ZIP files - 2 of
them, both database and media. The newly-installed v8 would 'look for' the
family file database files with the previous filenames; the v9 new install
would 'know about' the renamed database.

Given the wide range of (in)experience of Legacy users exhibited here, I would
warn that this does require some 'advanced' knowledge of computer use.

As expressed by Bob and Kris, I was surprised that the Legacy v8 was totally
removed by the v9 install - except for the backup ZIP files and the database
files, which Legacy v9 restructured so that v8 is not able to use them. I
checked C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, of course - and see only C:\Program
Files (x86)\Legacy9\

As I wrote previously, there are a couple of glitches with the install, which I
thought should not have happened from a professional organization. This is
quite independent of testing by users and by the coders - but I would assume
that user testers would have objected to this replacement.

Ian Thomas

Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia