On 29/04/2017 14:51, Michael Feldman wrote:

Two questions. First, how do I create one that shows only blood
descendants, not their spouses? Specifically, I want to show my
grandparents and their eight children, but not the spouses of those
children. When I request a 2-generation chart, I now get 16 boxes  on
the second line; I'd like just the 8 children.

One way would be to go into the Privacy Settings on each spouse's Individual'sInformation page and (temporarily)cset him/her to Invisible.

Second, how do I request a descendant chart whose generations go
left-to-right instead of top-down?

Can't remember back to that version of Legacy but on 9 (and I'm sure 8 was the same) the left-to-right version of the chart was the second one labelled "Standard" along the row marked Descendant when selecting the chart type.

--
Jenny M Benson - http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Wrexham, UK