On 5/8/2017 12:05 PM, Cheryl Rothwell wrote:
I have two monitors. With Legacy 8 when a new window was opened it often was
partially off either screen - but I could locate it and move it. With Legacy 9
it is often off both screens and cannot be located. Since Legacy has a window
open I can't do anything. The program is basically locked and I have to close
the Legacy window - not a proper close.

Does anyone know a way to tell Legacy where to open a window? Since no other
program does this I have to think it is Legacy. Maybe there is a setting I'm
missing?

Cheryl Rothwell

It is not Legacy. It is windows.  Windows remembers where a window was when the
program closes and tries to put it back there.
You may have had a window open off screen when you closed Legacy and windows
put it back there

Here's one way to "rescue" such an off-screen window and bring it back onto the
active monitor:

    Make the off-screen window the active window by clicking on its icon in the
Windows Taskbar.
    Press Alt+Space, and then press the M key. ...
    Press any arrow key once.

--

Gene Young
Researching Young, Harer, Cox & Sallada