This is something I've dealt with for years when I was using Win7 and then
again after a fresh install of Win10 and talked with Ken, one of the
programmers, about it. He can't duplicate it and doesn't know what's going
on with it. And yes, I've seen this only with Legacy as well.

I've only seen it with v8. I used to use that version on my secondary
monitor all the time. I haven't been using v9 on the secondary monitor, so
it hasn't been an issue.

If I open v8 on the secondary monitor, I don't have any problems with the
windows going partially off screen.

I have previously tried Brian's suggestion of deleting the Legacy2.usr file
many times so Legacy can create a fresh one, but that hasn't helped at all.

It sounds like you do have both monitors on though. Have you tried playing
around with the settings for dual monitor display? Could your resolution be
part of the culprit if they're completely disappearing? I use a higher
resolution.

And no, I wouldn't expect a "child" window to show on the taskbar, task
manager, or in alt-tab, except for a couple of instances where the
programmers have broken them out to be independent, such as Legacy
Charting, File > Export and a couple of other places.

Sherry