Yes Open Office does a better job,

I was just saying how to make it better in Excel if you don't want to also install Open Office.

Cathy

Tuesday, 13 June 2017 10:27 PM

Even if you do that, you will see weird stuff in your columns (aside from the prefixes).  It just isn’t a 100% good thing.  Open Office does a much better job and has no problem with pre-1901 dates.  I use Excel for everything else but this.

Michele Simmons Lewis, CG

Legacy Family Tree

mich...@legacyfamilytree.com

www.legacyfamilytree.com

Certified Genealogist is a registered trademark and the designation CG is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by Board certificants who meet competency standards.