recognize Est as a valid prefix to a date, however that is not what Legacy is
"doing". I understand that the underlying programming see's "Estimated" as
valid "input" BUT will not let that full version stand, it changes it to "est"
with lower case first letter.  I am a stickler for continuity in my file and
all other date prefix's have the first letter capitalized.

If the prefix is recognized, it should allow the capitalization as it does on
all other prefix's......and I must add that in previous versions right up to
and including Legacy 8 update prior to this last one, it had no problem
changing Estimated, estimated, Est, est to .....Est. So something happened in
the latest update to Legacy 8.
I have made the choice to not wait for any programming change as I assume that
Legacy 9 has staff concentrating on those updates and problem reports rather
than looking backwards at this time.  I will upgrade to Legacy 9 later this
year but in the meantime I have done a search and replace for est to Abt. My
Ancestry file will also be changed as was suggested by some bright person
(Thank you) and will move forward with my merge of those file when they are in
sync.
Thanks to everyone who responded..........this is why I love Legacy.
Lucy AbbottMill Creek, WA, USA

    On Friday, July 7, 2017 6:56 PM, Michele Lewis