From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of JV Leavitt
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:38 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 8 - date change after latest update

Does anyone know what the term "About" means when used with a date?
Everyone seems to have a different idea about the level of credibility to
give it.  Many think it must be within a few years, and don't think of it as
being a wild guess (which so often turns out to be the case), but I'm not
alone in thinking of it as a wild guess, which means it might be 10 to 50
years off. I never use the term About for a date, but would rather use the
term Estimated or Est.  Better than that, of course, when only an age is
given in a source, is to use the term Calculated, or cal.  Calculated as a
term for a date can properly be seen as having much more credibility than
the term Estimated.
Unfortunately, the term Estimated is sometimes being used for a date when it
was derived from a calculation based on age. I sincerely wish they wouldn't
do that.

I'm very disappointed that the term Estimated or Est is not included in
Legacy's Date Prefix options.

Joseph Leavitt