Holly,

Was his mother pregnant? or just had a miscarriage? Enough reason for a friend to have her toddler. Then again, aren't American censuses copied from other sheets like English censuses? Easy to miss a child when copying especially if there is another person of the same name on the sheet?

Cathy

Holly Nelson wrote:

Thanks to all for your responses.

I was close to my grandparents, who lived in the house my father was
born in until their deaths in 1971 and 1977. There were no family
members nearby this small Indiana town, who might be babysitting for a
21 month old toddler. Perhaps neighbors? Possible, I guess. But it
still seems that he would have been listed as a member of his parents
household. (?)

I never have heard of my father being a sick child. I have many
pictures of him with parents at 1 and 2 years of age, and he certainly
appears healthy.

So it is a mystery, and I do love mysteries, so will continue to
pursue. Thanks to all for enlarging my considerations!

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 17, 2018, at 5:32 AM, Carrie Pillow <elkerlo...@outlook.com