The original message to the list is in the attachment.

This action is required because of the DMARC Reject/Quarantine Policy
imposed by some email providers. Users who want to send messages
without conversion to attachments should use a different email address
for their subscription.

Known providers for free email accounts whose emails do not require
this conversion include gmail.com and hotmail.com.  Many other email
providers will also work but you will have to give them a try.
--- Begin Message ---
Rune,
If you do an export for Legacy, that field is properly exported and shows
in the new database.

Otherwise Media is for the most part handled correctly as far as based upon
the ancient Gedcom 5.5 definitions.

Jay

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Rune Mattsson <rune.matts...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Several years and versions ago I was forced to do what sometimes is
> described as “the last chance” to recover a corrupt Legacy data base.
> That means to export it to a gedcom for Legacy and reimport it, it was
> said that “almost” all data would then be saved.
> At this time my  data base counted  maybe 1000 persons and no media, I do
> not think something was lost then but now I’ve tons of media.
> I’ve now looked at the field “File-ID” (FilingRef in table tblBR), I
> haven’t used this before but it seems quite interesting and important, so I
> gave it a look (nowadays I test every new possibility) but found that this
> field isn’t exported in an gedcom for Legacy and consequently it becomes
> empty  when it is reloaded
> In my opinion the  field “File-ID” is important and it should be clearly
> declared that it’s not fully working in Legacy
>

> --

> Archives at:

--- End Message ---