I am wanting to sort some questions out which I have asked before but after
more than 17 minutes I cannot find those helpful replies.

I downloaded I thought a gedcom file from ancestry and then STUPIDLY deleted
that file from ancestry. Now I think it is a Chrome File. Anyway let's
forget that.

I think things are in a mess and I hope to sort all this out TODAY.

1. Where should my .ged files be kept on my computer and where is that ?

2. Where should my Legacy files be kept on my computer

I am not sure what is where - obviously

Cheers from Valerie Garton [nee Vaughan] in sunny Sydney. DNA - A086848
[gedmatch], T756083 [FTDNA] and H947365 [MyHeritage]