If you want all your gedcoms in the one folder, then make a folder for them and then search your computer in Windows File Explorer for *.ged and when found move them all into your new folder.

Cathy

Valerie Garton <mailto:vbgar...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 2 February 2019 3:43 PM

Thanks butĀ  I am not trying to findĀ  a specific file I am trying to tidy them all up.

Cheers from Valerie Garton [nee Vaughan] in sunny Sydney. DNA - A086848 [gedmatch], T756083 [FTDNA] and H947365 [MyHeritage]

*From:*LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> *On Behalf Of *Dan Greenland
*Sent:* Saturday, 2 February 2019 2:21 PM
*To:* Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] here is the dumb questions for the day - files and gedcoms - remove files from ancestry, check where they are and then delete file in ancestry

Valerie Garton <mailto:vbgar...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 2 February 2019 10:54 AM

I am wanting to sort some questions out which I have asked before but after more than 17 minutes I cannot find those helpful replies.

I downloaded I thought a gedcom file from ancestry and then STUPIDLY deleted that file from ancestry. Now I think it is a Chrome File. Anyway let's forget that.

I think things are in a mess and I hope to sort all this out TODAY.

1. Where should my .ged files be kept on my computer and where is that ?

2. Where should my Legacy files be kept on my computer

I am not sure what is where - obviously