On 28-Apr-19 08:29 AM, Anne Wiltshire wrote:
I  must mention that while attempting to resolve the problem below I kept getting a message to “Re-set relationships ...... “ but as I did not know how to do this (even checked Help index)and attempted to resolve the problem myself.

Did you not find the right topic in the Index, or not understand what you read? The topic is under Relationship, Set.

From time to time, as you add new people, you need to tell Legacy to re-calculate how these people are related to (or to someone else, if you wish to know that.) It's very easy to do.

If you are the starting person (it will say Self above your name in Family View) first go to your own record. Then open the Tools menu and select Set Relationships. You should see your name in the top box. You probably don't need to change any of the options. Just click the Set Relationships button.

Now Legacy has worked out how everyone is related to you and will display the relationships above their names in Family View, if you have chosen to have this display.

--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/