Just adding my perspective here, in the spirit of sharing…

For journeys such as ship or plane, you can enter dates in events as 23 Jul
1896-29 Jul 1896.  That way you can capture departure and arrival information
all against the same event .  I find that helpful to reduce the number of
events.  Also, if you use the calendar calculator for dates (like someone’s
birth date based on aged when died) then the ‘Cal’ prefix can remain indicating
that it was a calculated date, not a specific date form a specific source
(useful).

Regarding unlinking wrong children/spouses/parents, I use the tags a lot and
have developed a ‘system’ where each tag means something (to just me).  So when
I link or unlink individuals, I set/reset tags accordingly:

Again, sharing so that others can understand/criticize/encourage/further
develop/ignore/whatever:

As you can see (and here I am open to further suggestions too) I use individual
special characters to use as column headings in the Index and Dependent views.
So, if anyone has better suggestions, please chime in.

Happy hunting,

Andrew