From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:02 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Big Problem

Instead of removing the check box from the options screen in Options > Customize >
View (not  General as you said in your message) > Section 8.13, click on the Select
Background Hints button and remove the check marks from all the hint sources
(MyHeritage.com, FamilySearch, FindMyPast.com and GenealogyBank).
Save that screen and you should see that the check box on Setting 8.13 is also
off.
Save your options and you should not get the hints and they should stay off
when you reopen Legacy.

PS the hints not working message problem has be tracked down to MyHeritage.com
hints. If you just turn off that hint source you should not get the problem
with Hints has stopped working but hints from the other sources will still
appear.

Brian Kelly