David,
Try a Clean Uninstall.
Go to the Program Files (x86) for Legacy
Find RemoveLegacy.exe
Right click and run as administrator.
That should remove Legacy completely apart from your data files. It removes settings and removes all references to it in the Registry. For instructions with pics see http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00926

Cathy

David Cripps <mailto:cripps_...@iinet.net.au>
Wednesday, 24 July 2019 12:12 PM

I have an older version of Legacy (version 8.0.0.596) on a much older small netbook computer.

Going overseas soon and wanted to remove all trace of the program before I go, but am getting an error when I try and uninstall.
I'm told "Could not open Install.Log file."

The computer is running Windows XP Home at the moment.

The thing is that old, I only need it to send and receive emails and browse for hotels when convenient.

Deleting the data files etc is no problem of course, but I want to remove the program too if possible.

Just wondered if a solution is apparent to anyone ?

Thanks
Dave Cripps in Tasmania

--
David Cripps <cripps_...@iinet.net.au>