There are actually three variations in the response to the question about where a person was living on 1 Apr 1935:

Same Place meant the person was living in the same town in 1935. It meant they had moved within the town between 1935 and 1940.

The entry same house meant the person had not moved. Note that in urban areas there was a place to enter the address where the family was enumerated.

If they were not living in the same town then the place where they were living would be entered.

Brian Kelly