From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Ward Walker
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 4:02 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Exporting to Gedcom with Hashtag information -
Identifying specific individuals

Larry,

If they are not related, then you would not stumble upon them while
traversing your main tree in Legacy, except when searching or using master
lists. If your focus is your TNG site, then it seems to me that using
multiple trees in TNG would be ideal - and separate Legacy files.

I have 4 TNG sites, one per grandparent. But I only have one main Legacy
file, plus small files for separate trees much like yours. For example,
members of my Ward line have Y-DNA matches with descendants of another Ward
line. We do not know who the common ancestor is. I created a separate Legacy
file to model that other line. On TNG, my Ward site has two trees, one from
an export of just the Ward line from my main Legacy file, and the other from
that separate file. On the TNG site, each Individual information page
clearly shows which tree that person is in. Same with search results.

  Ward