I know the programmers are actively working on Version 10 but the company never says when a new version or even an update to the existing version will be issued.

If you go to this page you will see what updates to Version 9 have been issued and the bug fixes and/or features included in each one.
https://legacyfamilytree.com/RevisionHistory9.asp

I do not know why you would think that Legacy is being given any less emphasis now than before the merger with MyHeritage. Perhaps looking at the revision history will reassure you.

Brian Kelly