A good list of suggestions so far. Some other possibilities outside the
legacy software itself:

   - If your data is not local to your PC, network connections and
   especially cloud connections could slow things down.
   - Hard disks might be getting full or need defragmenting (older spinning
   disks, not SSD's)
   - Have you added any new apps (or updates) on your PC? Use the task
   manager to see what else might be running in background.

Good luck

JTF

Gmail account