Ian,
You don't have to search trees. Even when the hinting is working for MyHeritage, you can turn off the tree hints. For the Internet Search, to create one for a particular collection, you don't change the existing one for MH, you create an entirely new one.
Cathy

Ian Thomas <mailto:il.tho...@outlook.com>
Wednesday, 7 July 2021 09:53
Cathy
Yes, that is the way I approached it - using the Search-Internet interface in Legacy, for MyHeritage, and at the resulting page, selecting various Collections or other settings from there. But I opted not to amend the URL that it sends or even to explore Help for Legacy's codes used in tat function.

I did actually like the Hints for MH within Legacy, even though it threw up a lot of nonsense - but that is just a reflection of the information that people put into their trees.

I.L. Thomas
61 Gloucester St., Victoria Park, Western Australia 6100

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of Cathy Pinner
Sent: Tuesday, 6 July 2021 6:16 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] MyHeritage - Internet search within Legacy

There's a problem with MyHeritage hints currently as far as I know.
You can write your own Internet Searches. You may be able to restrict it.
You do a search as you want it on the site and copy the Search URL and replace specifics with the available codes. It's explained in the Help I think. Whether this particular restriction can be done, I don't know. It looks like it could be done for a particular collection.
You certainly can't do it by adding site:au

Cathy

Ian Thomas <mailto:il.tho...@outlook.com>
Tuesday, 6 July 2021 13:08

For some months, I haven't had any HINTS within Legacy _except for FindMyPast_ - and wonder if it is possible to restrict the Search / Search Internet for MyHeritage.com  by country (or Collection?).

At this time, I would like to restrict to MyHeritage.com’s *Australian collections* only

I use the default settings, but cannot see that I can restrict to country within the URL search string.

Within a browser, I do remember appending *site:.au* but I doubt that would be appropriate.

Ideas?

I.L. Thomas

Western Australia 6100