The most important thing that everyone needs to do, preferably from the
start, is to be consistent. Define how you want to hold information in
locations, events, media, sources etc.

If you have not done that you will start finding differences on how you
hold information. The problem is that you will need then to go through and
change information to fit a standard format. It is difficult but it can be
done; I am gradually working through my system, nearly 16000 people, to
bring them inline.

For a small file it could be possible to remove and recreate, but generally
you just have to go through and fix. But, first, set the standards that you
need before making any changes.

Regards

Chris