Just to close the loop on my question regarding unicode and Legacy, I
received this response from Legacy Customer Support...

*We have not been told the full features of Legacy 10 and you are correct;
nothing is set in stone.  That being said, I am pretty confident that full
Unicode support will not be in Legacy 10.  Full Unicode support would
require a complete rewrite of Legacy using a different coding base.  I have
not been told of any plans for a full rewrite in Legacy 10.*

So it looks like I need to migrate my tree to another platform...

Mary Ann Latko Groetsema