I would appreciate suggestions from those more expert than I am in using Legacy
Family Tree program.

I decided some time ago to put "everyone" into the same .FDB file. I find it
easy to use the Tags and to search, and I am familiar with the various
"families" that do not actually relate at all to my tree.

But I want to export a fairly large number of individuals from one "family", to
be used within a separate .FDB file.

There may be a tutorial at Legacy FT website, but I have not explored that.

My idea is that I tag them, starting from the (several) most-recent and working
up (further in the past), thereby tagging and exporting those from biologically
unrelated families further in the "horizontal" direction.

I do NOT want to delete those individuals from my main (very large) Legacy
database.

For those that I want to export, there would not be many/any associated images
or other entities (files) not within my .FDB database.

Is this a reasonable method? And what are the explicit commands needed to get
all (say) Tag 8 exported to a single .FDB file?

I.L. Thomas, Western Australia