Colin,
I've noticed periodically mine doesn't work and that usually does not work
when I want to add the 7th child - then I have to click the Add Child.
Try the old "Check and Repair" - may have to do it a couple of times.  But
also turn off the computer (not just a restart).
 It helps for a while except for that 7th kid - still need to click Add
Child. But, the over time, that Add Child starts to bog down again with any
kid.

Linda