Someone brought up the matter of entering and re-entering a particular source/clipboard item.

The last time I entered a bunch of info, including a bunch of new people, from one source, I tagged all the people and then did them all at one time from the clipboard. I had told it to prompt me for the detail (which was only a page #) and once I entered a new page # the clipboard would keep that number until I changed it. Made the whole sourcing thing much easier.

The only things that didn't work as smoothly as they might have was that after entering a new individual I had to go back and click on his name in the children list in order to tag him--as he couldn't be tagged while he was on the edit screen.

Also it won't do the sourcing for indivudals AND marriages at the same time -- you select one or the other, then do the other one -- so you do it in sequence -- not both at the same time.

What I couldn't figure out how to do was to retrieve a source I had saved on one of the 10 clipboarrd spaces. I'd save them but couldn't see how to retrieve them. Does that make sense??

Anyway I felt very impressed with Legacy sourcing -- it surely beats FTM 11 by a long shot. I especially like the fact that you can site sources when you're working in the notes sections -- tho it was a while before I discovered that.

Pat

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp